I told myself I would be good this Black Friday/Cyber Monday and looking back on the list of things that I did buy for myself, it doesn’t look too bad. (Right, riiiight?) And I did pick up some gifts for my family and friends for the holidays too! Not going to list those, just in case…
I couldn’t pass up all the great sales on green beauty must-haves that I wanted to try, here’s what I purchased this year (prices listed reflect current product prices):
1. Dr. Sponge Facial Cleansing Sponge- I’ve been wanting to try these cute little konjac sponges out for a while so I picked up the Pearl Powder one for myself during the sale at Abe’s Market. They come in a variety of colors/functions. Konjac sponges are dervied from the Asian konjac plant which has been proven to nourish and exfoliate the skin naturally and gently. The Pearl Powder Dr. Sponge claims to even out skin tone, reduce the appearance of dark spots and discoloration, and enhance skin radiance.($8.50)
2. Meow Meow Tweet Beer Shampoo Bar Soap- I was very intrigued by this unique bar of soap that can be used to nourish hair as well as the body. Comprised of natural and organic ingredients: “Jojoba oils and hempseed oils condition the hair and scalp, while beer promotes shiny, bright hair. Aloe vera moisturizes, softens and detangles hair.” Plus, it smells awesome! The Brooklyn-based, all natural, vegan and cruelty-free brand also has the cutest handmade, sustainable packaging! ($9)
3. Osmia Organics Detox Exfoliating Mask, Spot Treatment and Lavender Mint Soap- It took me awhile to choose what to purchase from Osmia because I wanted everything! (Still do.) I’m a mad facial mask woman so I had to have the Detox Exfoliating Mask ($50), whose main ingredients consist of 3 types of purifying clay, nourishing raw cacao and manuka honey, and toxin-removing activated bamboo charcoal. The Spot Treatment ($20) was another no-brainer, beloved by many a green beauty enthusiast. A mix of essential oils, the Treatment powerfully clears blemishes while healing the skin. I had to purchase a gorgeous, handmade soap and the Lavender Mint ($12) mixture sounded lovely and calming.
4. May Lindstrom Skin The Problem Solver- Another facial mask that I had dying to try. This May Lindstrom Skin essential has been dubbed a staple for every green beauty. After I purchased and fell in love with the line’s exfoliating cleanser, The Clean Dirt I knew I’d have to try out The Problem Solver as well. “A jet-black fusion of antioxidant-rich raw cacao, healing bamboo charcoal, soil nutrients, salts, and exotic warming spices go deep on a mission to reveal your most radiant self.” ($90)
5. 100% Pure Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration SPF 20 Moisturizer- I’ve always loved 100% Pure products due to their ingredients and mission for truely natural products. On Cyber Monday, the brand had a bunch of products on sale for only $10 each and I needed a new daily moisturizer plus it has sun protection, enough said. ($26)
6. H.Gillerman Organics Jaw Clenching Remedy and Stress Remedy- I met Hope Gillerman during that crazy crowded event, A Night for Green Beauty but I was so intrigued by her organic essential oil blends specially to relieve stress-related mind/body issues. I didn’t grab any products during the event and regretted it ever since. I’d had my eye on the Jaw Clenching Remedy (yup, I’m a jaw clencher by night) and the acclaimed Stress Remedy. I admired Hope Gillerman’s knowledge and passion for her products that I know these products will be of great use to me. ($48 each)
7. ILLUME Candles, Gilded Amberleaf Candle Tin- I’ve been dying to switch to more ethically-sourced, eco-friendly candles and I couldn’t pass up purchasing some gorgeous ILLUME candles on sale. These candles are handcrafted from 100% natural soy blend with beeswax, essential oils and a cotton wick. This particular scent features warm scents, “Rich cedarwood and golden amber are infused with mandarin, vetiver, vanilla and tobacco” and the gold and white accented tin holder will surely be sititing pretty in any room. ($18)
8. Honeybee Gardens JobaColors Eyeliner in Jet Set- I’ve been looking for a good, natural eyeliner that doesn’t smudge or drag yet wasn’t so expensive. Derived from a jojoba-based formula, this organic eyeliner has been seemed like a good option to try next. I couldn’t pass up the deal for it at Organic Beauty Talk’s Holiday Shop during Black Friday. ($8.99)
Did you snap up any good deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Tell me, I want to know what you got too!
*Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links that do not cost anything to click or purchase through but purchasing through these links do help support this site.